Positive Films & TV

Positive Films & TV

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Movie (& TV) recommendations for film fans who aren't looking to be depressed

This blog is going to be basically a running list of reviews of movies (and TV shows) that I like because they aren't dark and depressing. I think starting in the late 1990s and early 2000s Hollywood took a hard turn into dark and depressing (see recent Batman reboot trilogy for an example) that I haven't cared for at all. I don't watch movies and TV shows to see politics, or crime, or human misery, or anything else I can see on the news. I watch movies and TV shows to see wonder, comedy, fantasy, whimsy and entertainment.  If, while doing that, they deal with some real issues, or sneak in some drama (like Star Trek), I am fine with that.

This blog is going to be about movies like: Wreck-It Ralph, Hackers, Pitch Perfect, & Ace Ventura - Pet Detective. It will be about TV shows like: M*A*S*H, Star Trek, Home Improvement, Cheers, TaleSpin, & Phineas & Ferb. I am going to blog about stuff that I wish I could find online to help point me to the next thing I would love to watch, in the hopes that it will help someone else find something great to help brighten their day. And, of course, if any of you have any suggestions, let me know, and I will check them out.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment